The Spa Nomad NZ Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see http://www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us in any manner whatsoever (e.g. including but not limited to telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms, mobile messaging applications and e-mails), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information (collectively, the “Purposes”)
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to consider, respond to and/or process your booking requests for Services
- to deal with or facilitate customer service, including responding to your queries (or any queries purported to be made by you);
- to contact you or communicate with you via telephone, mobile messaging applications, e-mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, including but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services;
- to manage, operate and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Website and your relationship with us;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Sale;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text, social media platforms, mobile messaging applications or emails for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- to deal with and/or facilitate a purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition or disposal involving us or any of our business assets; and/or
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties, whether located in or outside of New Zealand, for one or more of the Purposes. Such third parties will be processing your personal information either on our behalf or otherwise for one or more of the Purposes, and include without limitation:
- our employees, representatives and agents;
- our subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies;
- service providers, contractors and other third parties supporting our business;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divesture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets; and
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
- such other third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal information for one or more of the Purposes.
All such parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of such personal information and process the personal information only in accordance with our instructions.
Save as mentioned above or as required or permitted under applicable law, we will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
KEEP IN TOUCH