The Coronavirus has impacted the globe in many ways. People are advised and ordered to stay at home to prevent the virus from spreading to flatten the curve. If you look at the news, it can be disheartening – though thankfully in NZ, we seem to be coming out of the worst of it *fingers crossed*. On the bright side, others try to look at things positively and not give up hope. Many are using the extra time that they have by investing in self-care and wellness. I mean, what better way to start on forming good habits, resting and taking care of your well-being than now?
You can start your path to better self-care by improving your skincare routine. It can be a great way to add some more structure to your day and relax, to kick start your day in the morning and unwind before you go to bed. So, here are some helpful tips when it comes to skincare:
- Skin Fast
With the lockdown in place and the need for minimal social contact, this is the best time to go on a skin fast for a few days to give your skin some time off. Let your skin breathe without all the heavy application of makeup. Being at home and giving your skin the rest it deserves can be one of the best things you do for your skin during the quarantine.
- Always Cleanse
Cleansing will always be a must when it comes to skincare. You can never forget this because it is the most basic yet the most crucial step. A facial cleanser will help remove dirt and debris from your face. The facial cleanser you should use depends on your skin type.
- Foam cleansers are ideal for those with skin types such as combination or oily skin. You can try out Radiance Swiss’ Peppermint Foam cleanser! This skincare product is great for removing makeup, oil and dirt. It can also brighten your complexion.
- Gel Cleansers are lightweight products and are suited for all skin types. They are great for deep cleansing, and they help decongest clogged pores.
- Cream Cleansers are for those who have dry and sensitive skin. These products help moisturise the skin and are appropriate for gentle cleansing.
- Oil Cleansers can be used for all skin types. They can be used by those who prefer double-cleansing. They help remove debris and dirt from the skin, and they can easily wipe off waterproof makeup.
- Use Toner
If you want to balance your skin’s PH levels, then always use a toner. It helps with your complexion, and at the same time, it also helps absorb other products better into the skin.
You should always apply it after cleansing before anything else.
- Apply Serums
Serums are the trend these days because of how they easily help with several skin problems. From dark spots to wrinkles, serums are your best bet when it comes to treating them. Radiance Swiss’ EGF Serum, for example, can help with treating dull skin and also in removing dark spots.
Serums are best used before you apply your moisturiser.
- Don’t Forget to Moisturise
Every skincare routine will not be complete without proper moisturisation. You need to prevent water loss and hydrate your skin as much as possible. Choose a moisturiser based on your skin type. For those who have oily skin, it is advisable to use gel-based moisturisers. While for those with dry skin, it is better to use moisturisers that have hydrating effects. On the one hand, for those with sensitive skin, it is better to use lightweight and fragrance-free moisturisers to avoid irritating the skin.
- Get Facials
Facials have everything that you need in your regular skincare upkeep. Pamper yourself with one at home. These are some of the most popular kinds of facials: Classic Facial, Fire and Ice Facial and the Oxygen Facial.
- Classic facials are those you can definitely do at home. They often involve cleansing, exfoliating, and extractions. You can also make use of good serum and a moisturizer.
- Facial and Ice facials is a 60-minute intensive treatment using two professional masques from iS Clinical. It provides instant brightening, tightening and smoothing effects with no downtime.
- Oxygen facials make use of a machine that sprays highly concentrated oxygen molecules into your skin. This treatment can leave your skin with a healthy glow.
There are so many facials out there, and these are just some of them. Because of the lockdown, it’s hard to go to spas for your treatment. But you can always do a basic classic facial for yourself at home, for example.
You just need the right products. Check out Radiance Swiss page for some of the best skincare products: https://www.radianceswissnz.com/products.
At The Spa Nomad, we believe that focus on your health, wellness and self-care are essential and should be prioritised in our daily lives by setting good routines. You need to give your skin the relaxation and maintenance that it needs, and by the time the lockdown ends, you’ll be able to leave your home with glowing and rejuvenated skin.
Good skincare habits will go a long way, but you must not stop there. For long-lasting results, professional facials should be the next step. We can help you in that regard because at The Spa Nomad we are passionate about helping you to look great and feel more comfortable in your own skin!